Since its invention in 2008, Bitcoin has increased in popularity and is poised to become a worldwide-accepted form of currency. During its infancy, bitcoins were very difficult to purchase, and many people found it impossible. Today, there are more exchanges than ever before selling bitcoins, and it is exciting to have the opportunity to now buy Bitcoin with PayPal. Because some people find it difficult to purchase bitcoins with PayPal, this guide is meant to help beginners who may not be aware of the options and steps involved.
Why Is It So Difficult to Purchase Bitcoins with PayPal?
Visiting many bitcoin exchange platforms will quickly reveal most do not accept PayPal. One of the primary reasons so many exchanges do not support this payment option is because of PayPal’s chargeback policy. PayPal is known for its buyer protection plan that protects buyers from purchasing unsatisfactory products and services. If a buyer is unhappy with a purchase, they can petition PayPal to get their money back.
Because there is no way for the exchange to prove a customer received their bitcoins, PayPal may reverse the charges and the buyer gets their money back and keeps the bitcoins. It is clear to see that this could be a big risk for exchange platforms.
Even if the dispute is fraudulent and the bitcoin buyer received their bitcoin, there is no way to reverse these transactions or prove them. Often, PayPal will side with the buyer, leaving the exchange without the bitcoins they sold and without the money.
Although many bitcoin exchanges see PayPal as too big a risk, not all are against this payment option. With this guide, you will learn how to purchase bitcoin with PayPal without a lot of stress.
Types of Bitcoin Exchanges
Before delving too deeply into the exchange options that accept PayPal, it is important to understand the different platforms. Bitcoin is ever-expanding, and new platforms are rising all the time. Consider the following when deciding on the type of platform you want to use for purchasing bitcoins.
A cryptocurrency exchange is an exchange platform that allows users to exchange their bitcoins for other assets. It is a digital currency exchange, and users can exchange their digital currencies, such as bitcoins, into fiat money. Unfortunately, cryptocurrency exchanges do not accept PayPal as a form of payment.
Peer-to-peer marketplaces are a good source for purchasing bitcoin with PayPal. This type of platform allows people to trade bitcoins with peer-to-peer transactions. Sellers have the option of accepting multiple types of payments and many do accept PayPal. With a simple search, you can easily find the sellers that do allow PayPal transactions. Use the filter options for the fastest results.
Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms
Peer-to-peer lending platforms allow users to lend and borrow bitcoins using a secure transaction. Lending platforms such as XCoins allow users to secure a bitcoin loan using PayPal.
Where Can You Purchase Bitcoins with PayPal?
Some exchanges allow people to purchase bitcoins using PayPal. While there are a handful of platforms that now accept PayPal as a payment option for purchasing bitcoin, there is one that stands out from the rest. This platform makes the process simple.
XCoins is a bitcoin lending platform that allows people to borrow bitcoins with credit cards and PayPal. Aside from the fact that they accept credit cards and PayPal, XCoins stands out from the crowd because they do not make buyers wait days to receive their bitcoins. The process is practically instantaneous. The signup process is simple and the payment processing steps are fast. Within seconds, you will have the purchased bitcoins in your wallet.
How to Purchase Bitcoins on XCoins Using PayPal
The steps involved in purchasing bitcoins with PayPal are simple and straightforward. If you have never used XCoins before, the following offers information on what to expect, from registration to receiving bitcoins.
- First, you will have to visit xcoins.io. Near the top of the page, you will see a green button that says, “Get Bitcoin Now”. Click this button and you will be taken to the registration page. The registration process is very simple. You will need to provide your name, email address, and agree to the terms and conditions. You will need to confirm your email by clicking the link that is sent to your inbox. This finalizes the registration process.
- Next, you will choose how much bitcoin you want to purchase. Enter your preferred payment information, including PayPal or credit card, and then submit the order.
- Almost instantly, you will receive the purchased bitcoin. This goes straight to your XCoins wallet and then you can spend it on whatever you like.
FAQ Regarding Purchasing Bitcoin with PayPal
People often have a lot of questions when it comes to purchasing bitcoins using PayPal. The following will answer some of the most-asked questions, allowing individuals to better understand how the process works and what they can expect.
How long does the process take?
Most people are surprised to learn platforms like XCoins only take seconds from the time the payment is submitted. For first-time borrowers, the process will take just a little longer because of the approval steps. Even with a new borrower, the entire process still takes only a few minutes.
What happens if the money is sent but the lender does not send the bitcoins?
Platforms like XCoins have worked to ensure both lenders and borrowers of bitcoin are safe in carrying out transactions. Lenders cannot avoid sending the bitcoins that have been borrowed from them. The XCoins system only matches borrowers with lenders that have adequate bitcoin in their wallets. Once the lender has been selected by the borrower, the bitcoin is put in reserve. When the PayPal payment is made to the lender, the bitcoins are moved from the lender’s wallet to the borrowers immediately.
What are the fees?
When borrowing bitcoin on peer-to-peer platforms, there are going to be some fees involved. It is the lender who decides the interest rate and this is paid in an upfront payment together with the security deposit. The system will automatically match borrowers with the best lender interest rates available.
Pros and Cons of Using PayPal for Purchasing Bitcoin
As with anything in life, there are always going to be pros and cons. Many people believe the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to purchasing. Each buyer must weigh the pros and cons before they decide.
- Those who already have a PayPal account will find it quick and easy to purchase bitcoin. With just a couple of clicks, the transaction will be completed.
- PayPal is a safe and secure payment option that many people feel more comfortable using over their bank debit cards or credit cards.
- By using a PayPal account, buyers can purchase bitcoin with US dollars.
- One of the biggest drawbacks of using PayPal for bitcoin purchases is the high fees. The high fees increase the transaction costs substantially. Some people dislike using PayPal for this very reason.
- As discussed, another big con when using PayPal is the lack of platforms that accept this payment option. Companies like XCoins are pioneers in accepting many payment options, including PayPal. Hopefully, more platforms will begin to accept this payment option, opening the doors for more people to be able to purchase crypto.
- If the platform does not accept USD, this means there will be a currency conversion charge. This can add to the costs of purchasing bitcoin.
What Should Buyers Know About PayPal Fees?
As mentioned above, there are some substantial fees involved in using PayPal as a payment option. Those who are considering purchasing bitcoin with their PayPal account need to make sure they are aware of the fees before making their purchase.
Because of the risks of allowing PayPal users to purchase bitcoin, many platforms have imposed a hefty fee for these transactions. In some cases, the PayPal fee can rise as high as 10% of the purchase price. Although it is undoubtedly easy to purchase bitcoin with PayPal, many buyers simply do not want to be forced to pay exorbitant fees for their transactions.
If you decide to purchase on a platform that does not accept USD, PayPal will charge a conversion fee. For instance, if you are converting to Canadian dollars, there will be a 3.5% fee above the exchange rate fee. All other country conversions are 4% unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions.
Yes, there are increased fees with using PayPal, but many consider it no more than a convenience fee. Being able to use PayPal opens opportunities for those who could not purchase bitcoin with any other payment option.
Are There Extra Requirements for PayPal Users?
It is important to mention there are sometimes stipulations for using PayPal as a payment option when purchasing bitcoin. Some platforms require users to submit to verification. The process is different for each platform, but most often involves submitting a picture ID or proof of residency. This process is quick, and once the user has been verified, they can immediately begin using PayPal as their payment method.
Most people who are going to want to use PayPal as their preferred payment option will not be concerned too much about remaining anonymous since PayPal is not an anonymous payment method. Those who want to remain anonymous in their bitcoin transactions will need to consider another payment option over PayPal.
Be Sure to Avoid Scams
While companies such as Xcoins protect borrowers in every step of the process, this is not always so on some platforms. When using PayPal, there is a greater chance of getting scammed. With this greater probability, it is wise to be even more cautious with these types of transactions. Use the following tips to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of a bitcoin scam.
- Make sure you only purchase from reputable platforms that screen their buyers and sellers. Be leery of any new bitcoin exchange until you have carefully researched. This is especially important if you are a seller since there is no way to reverse the transaction once the bitcoins have left your wallet.
- Because Bitcoin has been rising in popularity, it is common for fake exchanges to be created. Be sure to use a reputable exchange like XCoins, to ensure you are not scammed.
- Phishing websites are sometimes a problem. These sites look legitimate and sometimes even authoritative. Unfortunately, they are set up for stealing your information. Any bitcoin site you visit needs to be investigated thoroughly. If the site is not HTTP secured, this should be a red flag.
If you are careful, avoiding scams will be fairly straightforward. Using PayPal sometimes makes bitcoin transactions slightly riskier, but with careful attention to detail, you will not become a victim.
Buy Bitcoin with PayPal Today
If you would like to purchase bitcoin with PayPal, the easiest option is to visit XCoins. Since 2015, PayPal has allowed merchants to accept them as a payment option. Since PayPal is one of the most trusted online payment systems, this was a big win for bitcoin buyers. With PayPal now onboard, bitcoin buyers have more payment options available to them and can feel more confident making their purchases on a variety of exchanges.
Buying with bitcoin is more available than ever before, but it is still important to be careful. By researching the options and becoming an informed bitcoin buyer, you can avoid frauds and enjoy the security of purchasing crypto with your PayPal account.
If you are new to purchasing bitcoins, check out XCoins to learn more. They make it easy to carry out bitcoin transactions, and the purchase is completed within seconds. Even first-time borrowers will find the transaction process only takes a few minutes. Using PayPal will allow you to receive your bitcoins within a matter of seconds. Visit the website today, register, and get started quickly. This is one of the easiest bitcoin platforms to use, and you can borrow with confidence, knowing there are multiple payment options, including PayPal.